About SLGA > Permits

Special Occasion Permits

Special Occasion Permits are required for anyone selling alcohol, or for anyone serving alcohol at an event that is not held in a commercially permitted establishment, a private residence, or another private place. This is true for private, invitation-only events as well as for public events.

All applicants for special occasion permits should apply at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled function to ensure adequate time for processing. A 20 per cent discount to the permit fee is also applied when the application is submitted online at least 10 days in advance of the event.

The best way to get your special occasion permit is to apply online.

For more information on Special Occasion Permits, go to SLGA.com.

Types of Permits

Sale Permit

This permit is required for functions where there is a direct or indirect charge for beverage alcohol, or where the event is open to the public. Typically, sale permits are used for charitable fundraisers, social functions, community events, business events, and private family functions.

Non-Sale Permit

This permit is required for private functions where alcohol is served but not sold, and the event is not held in a private residence or other private place. Typically, non-sale permits are used for staff parties, weddings, reunions and various family functions.

Cost Recovery Permit

This permit authorizes the sale of alcohol at a price sufficient to recover the costs of providing beverage alcohol service at the event.

These permits are available only for private family celebrations and events, such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, retirement celebrations, and other family functions.


©2019 Saskliquor.com. All rights reserved.